Most of us have an old bucket like this one laying around the yard or house somewhere we aren’t really using, mine was hiding behind a plant stand full of rain water and turning green.
I decided it had been un-useful for too long and it was time to turn it into something garden worthy.
What you will need:
An electric drill with drill bits.
A 5 gallon bucket
spray paint in the colour of your choice (this is optional, you can leave it white, or whatever colour your bucket currently is)
about 4 metres of rope (you can put more, or less rope if you wish)
A hot glue gun
Enough potting mix to fill the bucket
and the fun part, a plant or plants of your choice to put in the bucket
What I did:
1. Give the bucket a good scrub and clean out, as you can see mine was growing moss and was rather dirty from being outside.
2. Drill about 15 holes into the base of the bucket for drainage (we don’t want our new plants swimming in water) this doesn’t have to be perfect but make sure the holes are spread across the base and roughly even.
3. Spray paint the outside of your bucket, you don’t need to go all the way to the top, you can leave about 10 centimetres from the top of the bucket un painted.
4. Use the hot glue gun to glue the rope to the bucket, wrap the rope around the top of the bucket and dab glue on as you wrap and stick the rope to the bucket, go all the way down until you reach the end of your unpainted section.
5. Now fill your new plant pot with potting mix and plant your new plants into the pot.
This is super easy and I think they look great, I love my new out door pot plant!